Discogs

crap
Total votes: 1 (4%)
not crap
Total votes: 26 (96%)
Total votes: 27

waffling over crap/not crap

crap cos;
  • idiotic admin shit the bed with the ASP shipping templates and everyone fucked off/can't sell their shit beyond their own borders
  • too easy for scammy buyers to file a complaint saying "item never arrived" and jack your $$ right out of your paypal account as they sit there with their feet up having a cup of tea and listening to YOUR record that they just got for fucking free.

not crap cos;
  • often have the cheapest copy for sale on internet
  • satisfies my anal cunt urges to catalogue my speccy trainspotter record collection
  • can occasionally still sell off stuff even though ASP have rendered large swathes of the site greyed-out
  • record trades; they still happen!

Re: Website: Discogs

NC. I use it a ton, but have definitely seen prices jump over the last year. I've also gotten much more hesitant to buy anything from overseas with all the shipping delays.

Anyone know why so many rare/hard-to-find punk/indie records from the 80s/90s are always for sale in Greece, but there won't be a single copy in the rest of the world? Do I need to just go to Greece and ship back a crate of records?
Band: www.bracketsseattle.bandcamp.com
Old band: www.burnpermits.bandcamp.com
Older band: www.policeteeth.bandcamp.com

Re: Website: Discogs

tallchris wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:44 amAnyone know why so many rare/hard-to-find punk/indie records from the 80s/90s are always for sale in Greece, but there won't be a single copy in the rest of the world?
Weird isn't it. Wonder how big NZ bands were there cos they always seem to have copies of the good old Flying Nun/NZ stuff.