Are Yellow Magic Orchestra GREAT or HORSESHIT

GREAT
Total votes: 14 (100%)
HORSESHIT (No votes)
Total votes: 14

Yellow Magic Orchestra

I have been absolutely thrashing everything of theirs since arriving in a new city looking for work. I'd always been a fan but never really gave it a lot of time.

Absolutely everything they did was some sort of brilliant. I love that the energy never lets up. I love that live they were an absolute powerhouse and basically technicians. I love the progression from video game bloops to out and out brilliant pop music. I love that all the solo projects are really different and REALLY good. I love the costumes. I love their beautiful handsome faces.

What opinions do you have? Am I completely wrong and an absolute idiot!?

Re: Yellow Magic Orchestra

m3kcomp wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:15 pm I'm not going to vote but I tried recently and wasn't able to make it through the first album.

I'll try again sometime most likely.
The first is one of the more interesting releases in that it sort of builds from the start and keeps building all the way through to the end. It's a big long trip. It took the longest for me to fall in love with but now it might be my fave.

I used to play along to this lots back in the day. Still one of the best live recordings I know of. Hosono's cigarette, Hashimoto's "dancing", that mysterious dude in the chair, all the instruments on stage (especially the modular), all so good. And an epic finish to top it off. Super-fun band.

born to give

kokorodoko wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:52 pm I used to play along to this lots back in the day. Still one of the best live recordings I know of. Hosono's cigarette, Hashimoto's "dancing", that mysterious dude in the chair, all the instruments on stage (especially the modular), all so good. And an epic finish to top it off. Super-fun band.

Fuck that rocks. Thank you for sharing!

The live albums of theirs are some of the best I've ever heard. So much energy.