Total votes: 43 (67%)
Liar
Total votes: 12 (19%)
Down
Total votes: 3 (5%)
Total votes: 64

Re: Favorite The Jesus Lizard record

Down is added.
It looks like the poll gets restarted when edited.
So I won't be adding Capitol records. FU Capitol people.

Anyway, Liar gets my vote. After Fun House, the most perfect heavy rocking album. Great song after a great song. There's not a bad second on that album.
Goat would be close second with Head close third.

Curious why so many people prefer Goat over Liar. I mean, it's almost perfect but Lady Shoes kinda knocks it down a point. Not a bad song, just not as good as other songs on Goat/Liar. I think it's mostly the lyrics that I dislike.
Sorry for my shitty English

The answer is 'Goat'.

I don't want to start a new topic, but I've always wondered something. What the HELL is going on rhythmically with the guitar and drums during the intro of "Mouth Breather"? I've listened to this record so many times and I'm still stumped every time I hear it. How does Mac know when to come in during the guitar riff? I really don't get it.

boilermaker wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:58 pm Curious why so many people prefer Goat over Liar. I mean, it's almost perfect but Lady Shoes kinda knocks it down a point. Not a bad song, just not as good as other songs on Goat/Liar. I think it's mostly the lyrics that I dislike.
There's nothing wrong with Liar at all, but Goat is back-to-back classics, pretty much every track is as stellar on its own as it is in the context of the album. Plus, "Monkey Trick". They would still be one of the best bands of the 90's if Goat didn't exist, though, they were that good.
Most of what I've played on
Most of what I've worked on

chexmixbreath wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:17 pm The answer is 'Goat'.

I don't want to start a new topic, but I've always wondered something. What the HELL is going on rhythmically with the guitar and drums during the intro of "Mouth Breather"? I've listened to this record so many times and I'm still stumped every time I hear it. How does Mac know when to come in during the guitar riff? I really don't get it.
He counts to 12. The phrase is 12 beats long, so he counts to 12 twice during the intro.

jason from volo wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:03 pm
twelvepoint wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:35 pm But yeah DD starts on the downbeat
This is the source of my problem. In my head, the riff sounds like it starts not on the downbeat but with pick-up notes, and that just totally screws me up from there on out.
Somehow I’m ok with MB, but I totally know this disorientation you’re talking about!
he/him/his

www.bostontypewriterorchestra.com