Total votes: 13 (46%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 15 (54%)
Total votes: 28

Album: Motley Crue - Too Fast for Love

Too_Fast.jpeg
Too_Fast.jpeg (19.38 KiB) Viewed 1599 times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkMxONjQFjg

Even though I was an 80's kid I never got into the hair metal stuff thanks to VHS skateboard videos and their hardcore soundtracks. I've only really started checking some of it out over the last 5yrs or so.

This albums got a lot to like. Some really good wigged out guitar solos and the productions quite enjoyable to my ears. I don't really pay any attention to what he's singing about but I bet it's pretty kick ass. Might actually grab it on vinyl.

Anywho, not crap.

Re: Album: Motley Crue - Too Fast for Love

Not crap. I always dug this album but "Shout at the devil" was better IMO, that album was the result of W.A.S.P. entering the LA club scene and the always cynical Mötley Crue mimicking the shock-rock image and relatively more hard edged and more NWOBHM-styled sound. Too fast for love by comparison is more along the lines of EARLY Ratt which is less my thing but still pretty rocking with "Live Wire" in particular being a really kick-ass tune that showcase a Motörhead influence rare in pre-thrash LA metal. Everything Mötley Crue did after these two albums was total crap to me though

Crap. Derivative, lunk-headed dumbass music. Badly played too; Tommy's energy being the exception. It might be better than the next 3 albums, but it ain't great.

This forum might not the best place for this observation, but a street kid / punk take on classic 70s classic rock was a great 80s idea, but Crue just couldn't pull it off musically. IMO we'd have to wait for Appetite for Destruction to hear that concoction done proper.

I might waffle over Dr. Feelgood, but that's mostly due to Bob Rock's production. And that self-titled follow up w/ John whatsisface ain't bad either.

I didn’t hear this record til my early 20s, a decade after it came out, and by that point I’d had my own punk arc happen to me, was playing in bands and had a job. At that point the Crüe were largely a commercial joke band to me and TFFL was this weird punk metal DIY anomaly, I guess?

TFFL has great energy, songs that sometimes touch greatness, and a fun sleazy vibe that doesn’t feel like it was hampered by production. The world could go on normally without this record but I’m glad it exists.

Not Crap w waffles

This ALMOST inspires me to start a C/NC Drum Sound: Shout at the Devil post, but I don’t think we need two concurrent Crüe threads going on.
he/him/his

www.bostontypewriterorchestra.com

Not crap. I think this album illustrates why Crue rose to the top of the early 80's LA metal scene. Sure, the songs aren't the greatest, and the performance is kinda lacking (except Tommy's drums). But it totally nails that dirty and dangerous vibe. When I was about 13, it blew my mind.

Plus, I've got to give props to any band whose bass player lights his legs on fire while playing the single.

rsmurphy wrote: Leathür Records pressing fucks trains.
Is this the "natural speed" version that came out first, which someone once told me about?

After I heard about that, the standard version always sounded sped up to me, and Vince sounds like a chipmunk anyway.

There's lots to hate here, and fuck Mötley Crüe, but this is a pretty cool album, at whatever speed. Not crap.