Phil Elverum?

Crap
Total votes: 1 (8%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 11 (92%)
Total votes: 12

Re: The Microphones/Mount Eerie guy: Phil Elverum

Was a HUGE fan during the original Microphones run, saw him live a ton. Best was the first What The Heck Fest, when he actually had 10-12 people on stage and it sounded as close to the records as it could possibly be.

Wasn't into the early Mt Eerie stuff so I checked out around then. That Microphones record last year though was pretty great and made me go back to the old records and rediscover what I loved about them.

NC, though not something I really have room for anymore.
Band: www.bracketsseattle.bandcamp.com
Old band: www.burnpermits.bandcamp.com
Older band: www.policeteeth.bandcamp.com

As a funeral director who has been in the intimate presence of grief for 24 years, A Crow Looked at Me, which I just learned about and listened to a couple of months ago, is, as was mentioned above about his recent one, a singular record on the topic. I would compare it, potency-wise, to the film The Messenger from 2009, which is about Casualty Notification officers who inform loved ones of their soldier's death and is a harrowing watch.

That's the only thing from this artist I have listened to, but Not Crap.
"And the light, it burns your skin...in a language you don't understand."

I too have only listened to A Crow Looked at Me. It was released two months before the death my wife Leeanne from metastatic breast cancer. I didn't even become aware of the album until much later in 2017 and bought the CD but didn't listen to it for a very long time. Like or dislike doesn't come into it for me, however, as iembalm says it's a potent record but very difficult for me to put into words my response to it.

Not Crap.