C/NC: The Band Girl Band

Crap
Total votes: 2 (22%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 7 (78%)
Total votes: 9

Re: Band: Girl Band

akosinski wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:52 am i really like the very early stuff they did. however, the newer stuff seems to have latched onto the guitarist when the real charm of the band was the rhythm section and vocalist.
Funny you say this!
I always thought the charm was the guitar/bass relationship, and I really like the way the guitar wash kinda threads through the entirety of "the Talkies".
The vocals are the least memorable part for me. They certainly do the trick, but its a pretty repetitive half octave of the same meter on virtually every track.
DIY and die anyway.

There were a couple of dooshbegs on the Noise Rock Now facebook page (a hive of manbaby dudes and gatekeeping) who were just OUTRAGED that Girl Band would CAVE TO CANCEL CULTURE and change their name to Gilla Band.

So, I'm going to name my next band after one of these turds. Please come see my new band Eric Eckmann. We will be terrible. Free thinkers, though. Fluent in sarcasm. School of Hard Knocks. Whatever else these Edgelords say about themselves.
tbone wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:58 pm I imagine at some point as a practicality we will all start assuming that this is probably the last thing we gotta mail to some asshole.

dontfeartheringo wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:55 pm There were a couple of dooshbegs on the Noise Rock Now facebook page (a hive of manbaby dudes and gatekeeping) who were just OUTRAGED that Girl Band would CAVE TO CANCEL CULTURE and change their name to Gilla Band.

So, I'm going to name my next band after one of these turds. Please come see my new band Eric Eckmann. We will be terrible. Free thinkers, though. Fluent in sarcasm. School of Hard Knocks. Whatever else these Edgelords say about themselves.
Perhaps a song named “Do the Research”?
he/him/his

www.bostontypewriterorchestra.com

twelvepoint wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:05 pm
dontfeartheringo wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:55 pm There were a couple of dooshbegs on the Noise Rock Now facebook page (a hive of manbaby dudes and gatekeeping) who were just OUTRAGED that Girl Band would CAVE TO CANCEL CULTURE and change their name to Gilla Band.

Perhaps a song named “Do the Research”?
Lyrics are horribly paraphrased Randian skreeds. And "JOKEY" pro-abortion libertarian stoner rants?

I'll check the band out and get back to ya
"More open-minded than Catholics".