Boris?

Not Crap
Total votes: 18 (86%)
Crap
Total votes: 3 (14%)
Total votes: 21

Re: Band: Boris

Second the recommendation of the SUNN split, “Altar”. I like the other records of theirs that I’ve heard, but “Altar” is raised up high, sublime. It’s my favourite SUNN record too.
Gib Opi kein Opium, denn Opium bringt Opi um!

Crap. Competent imitators, but zero soul or personality present. Also rubbish live. Nobody would remotely care if they weren't Japanese, though (to be fair) that kind of finicky cultural regurgitation is very Japanese.

M.H wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:24 am Crap. Competent imitators, but zero soul or personality present. Also rubbish live. Nobody would remotely care if they weren't Japanese, though (to be fair) that kind of finicky cultural regurgitation is very Japanese.
You say a lot of crap things, but this is among the crappiest. You’re entitled to your opinion, misinformed as it is, but the last sentence is complete horseshit.

biscuitdough wrote: You say a lot of crap things, but this is among the crappiest. You’re entitled to your opinion, misinformed as it is, but the last sentence is complete horseshit.
If I'm so wrong then it should be super easy to say why I'm wrong than resort to ad hominems.

There's lots of retro-minded Japanese bands who do sub-cultural regurgitation with an attention to detail in an unusual way. Are you disputing that? The whole Shibuya-Kei thing in the 90s, the bizarre takes on nearly every extreme rock sub-genre - even Oi:

IMO Boris do this w/ Melvins / Earth style heavy rock / drone. And they suck.