Succession

CRAP
Total votes: 3 (13%)
NOT CRAP
Total votes: 21 (88%)
Total votes: 24

TV Show: Succession

I just finished season one and found it to be really good and really bleak, half the humor in it is dry as the desert, and they actually managed to make it touching by the season finale, which is an achievement, given the characters. The cast is impeccable. Greg and Tom are particularly brilliantly put together. Dude who plays Greg has a touch of Andy Kaufman to him, it's perfect.

Will get started with season 2 right away.
Most of what I've played on
Most of what I've worked on

Re: TV Show: Succession

Not crap.
Was recommended to me by a colleague and I binged both seasons. To my surprise, not a single one of my friends or family can stand this show. My perception is that as a punk you just look at any display of financial wealth from the outside, and in this show, the lack of respect toward family and over-the-top capitalist ridiculousness is just laughable, and strangely addictive, like watching a trainwreck. I assumed the creator meant it this way, as holding a mirror to tell the audience: this capitalist nonsense is so destructive in every way possible, it's ridiculous! Not everyone sees it that way I guess.
Bernardo wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:01 pm The cast is impeccable.
Agree

MrsEaster and my nephew are both huge fans of this show. I watched the first episode and was left unmoved. I'm told it gets much, much better, though. Maybe I'll give it another try?

Meanwhile, no vote.

I'd venture to say that most people who love this program aren't thinking much about capitalism. I think it's more about the black-humor thrills of watching people be compete bastards to one another. At least, that's how the show's appeal has been explained to me on at least a couple of occasions.

OrthodoxEaster wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:58 pm I'd venture to say that most people who love this program aren't thinking much about capitalism. I think it's more about the black-humor thrills of watching people be compete bastards to one another. At least, that's how the show's appeal has been explained to me on at least a couple of occasions.
I'd say it's a little from column A and a little from column B. I enjoy they show.
self: https://tommiles.bandcamp.com/
old: https://shiiin.bandcamp.com/

How fucken great is this TV show.

The absolute best.

Every time I thought I'd decided on the most revolting deadshit character, someone else would up the ante. My current frontrunner is Marcia, the old fellas new foreign goldigger wife: whether or not she is going to fuck the whole lot of them up the arse is the key intrigue of the whole series i reckon

Every character on this show is just a completely despicable asshole, and yet the writers are able to make them somewhat relatable and make you feel empathy for them. I fucking love it. Interested to see how the new season plays out based on last season's shocker ending, which I will not spoil by discussing.

Not Crap.
f.k.a. jimmy two hands

It took me a while to realize that the show wants you to laugh at these rich fucking assholes being rich fucking assholes, because the writing and acting is so great that it's hard not to laugh at them at times.

NC, can't wait for S3, better be as funny as S2 was.

Kendall rapping a tribute to Logan was one of the greatest cringe moments in TV history:

Band: www.bracketsseattle.bandcamp.com
Old band: www.burnpermits.bandcamp.com
Older band: www.policeteeth.bandcamp.com