Coriky

Crap
Total votes: 1 (6%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 15 (94%)
Total votes: 16

Re: Band: CORIKY

losthighway wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:39 pm Anyone know the background on the name?
It's a dice game that is popular with people within the Fugazi ecosystem. Steve explains the rules in one of the recent podcasts but I forgot which one. The Conan Neutron one I think. I assume the design of the record resembles the one pip side of a die.

Re: Band: CORIKY

eddymerckx wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:09 am
losthighway wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:39 pm Anyone know the background on the name?
It's a dice game that is popular with people within the Fugazi ecosystem. Steve explains the rules in one of the recent podcasts but I forgot which one. The Conan Neutron one I think. I assume the design of the record resembles the one pip side of a die.
It's similar to the "liar's dice" game, with some slightly different rules, like you lose points if you refer to a single die as "dice", and any roll with doubles has a special name you have to use (e.g. snake eyes is referred to as "snake eyes" and never "two" or "double ones" or whatever, but "danzig" or "mother", sung in a danzig voice, is also acceptable). Also the first person eliminated has to cook up cinnamon sugar pop tarts for the rest of the table, and if there are no cinnamon sugar pop tarts in the kitchen, you have to go out and purchase some. I used to play this game a lot with old forum FMs Tom and Linus Van Pelt, and I kept a packet of cinnamon sugar pop tarts in my glove box for years in case I ended up losing.

I'm pretty sure the song "Pull The Cup" is a reference to the game, as is the picture of the dice with 1 and 2 on them on the At Action Park disc - if you roll a three you say Coricky and you've won the game.
f.k.a. jimmy two hands