Hey Colossus?

Yay Colossus (NC)
Total votes: 16 (100%)
Nay Colossus (Colossal C) (No votes)
Total votes: 16

Re: Hey Colossus

NC but it's been a mad - and at times maddening - ride with this band. I have a few of their LP's but REALLY want the first one "Hey Colossus Hates You", it sounds like a glacial doom CLASSIC on youtube but is pricey as hell

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Colossus II. 10/10. total sludge murder. Perfect.
Hey Colossus / Dot (.). sadly, the HC track is a forgettable throwaway and Dot wins this duel in a landslide. Their track here is some awesome doom.
Project: Death. 8/10. the cd of this sounds exactly like a cassette tape and it is GREAT.
Happy Birthday. 5/10. dont know what happened here but its just a forgettable squall for me
The Guillotine 6/10. ditched the sludge by now and sound like a different band
Four Bibles. 6/10
Dances / Curses 7/10. maybe I need more time with the most recent 3 lps but they are a bit boring at times.

NOT CRAP, WF zero.

Most recent album is my favourite. Pretty much my perfect middle aged music in terms of rock/kraut/snazzy guitars. Ace.

Joe's book is fantastic and inspiring, and his ongoing series of YouTube interviews (wrongspeedrecords will get you there) is fabulous and addictive, particularly (but not exclusively) if you're interested in the 90s UK diy scene. Very, very good.

Not sure it's the right place to post it but unfortunately all the upcoming gigs we have in 2021 are postponed, just in case anyone this side of the pond had a ticket and wasn't aware. One of the band has a family member that is seriously ill and they're understandably in no fit state to leave home. They'll get re-sorted for the new year. Everyone is completely bummed out, needless to say.