Moderators: Greg, steve

CBD

Crappy Bud Drops
Total votes: 4 (67%)
Cannabinoids Boost Dreams
Total votes: 2 (33%)
Total votes: 6

CBD

The new miracle vitamin/drug/supplement that will have you sleeping better, relaxing more, getting rid of headaches etc.

Or is it the newest placebo trend?

Let's get it out of the way, quality varies so assume we're judging an honest to goodness product.

Re: CBD

I'm a fan. I approached it with skepticism, but I've found that it helps with soreness, aches and pains, and improves focus. Also helps ee stay asleep.

I do not find that it helps with general malaise or any form of depression, nor does it help me fall asleep.

It has real, experiential benefits, but it is not a miracle cure or and fix-all for your life. It's a beneficial supplement.

I've only really tried it as an expensive addition to coffee. I think it helps calm the jittery effect, while still delivering the energy boost. So kind of nice, but I dunno about $4-5 extra nice. For anything more relaxing or euphoric it's easier at this point just to take a real edible.

I'm curious about trying it for pet anxiety, as THC is toxic for dogs.
Music

we have 3 dogs: a blue tick coon hound (90 lbs), a black mouthed curr (55 lbs), and a yellow lab (83 lbs and he's only 9 months old). The coon hound is generally mellow, the curr must have been abused 'cause she can be real skitish, and the lab puppy is a lab puppy, so he can be bonkers most of the time. CBD didn't really do squat to change any of their characteristics/behavioral traits.

I've never had it and likely won't. Prefer to burn and inhale my canabis

Not crap. If you are reeeaally anxious I dunno if it'd help, but if you're somewhat anxious, I find it helps a lot. An example: my fancy mastering studio flooded back in 2018. It was bad! I spent a small fortune fixing the problems and it's been 100% since then *knocks wood*. But I still get anxious every time we get real heavy rain. It sucks. It's not pleasant. Mentally I know there's very little chance of anything bad happening, but Mr. Anxiety has to keep yammering on about the worst case scenario and it's difficult to shut him up.

So the remnants of hurricane Ida rolled through a little while back and dumped a ton of rain on us, it was pouring for hours. I'd loaded up on a double dose of CBD and it really, really helped. I just wasn't consumed by anxiety like I'd been in the past. It was still there, but it was off in the corner sitting quietly, not all up in my face screaming.

I got the tincture cause dude at the shop said it kicks in quicker than edibles, 15 min or so.

Off topic but on the tincture tip, I smoked weed forever but lately it was just not agreeing with me, dunno why. I tried some edibles and they're alright but take too long to kick in, and are kinda too vague when they do. So I got some triple strength tincture and THAT'S MORE LIKE IT. Really nice, clean high that lasts a long time. I recommend!
work: http://oldcolonymastering.com
fun: https://morespaceecho.com

MoreSpaceEcho wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:40 am I tried some edibles and they're alright but take too long to kick in, and are kinda too vague when they do.
They can really vary. Some more recent batches I tried start working in 30-45 minutes. A lot of these positive CBD experiences I see sound pretty similar to micro-dosing THC to me, though I realize not everyone's employer will appreciate that distinction..
Music

penningtron wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:06 am

They can really vary. Some more recent batches I tried start working in 30-45 minutes. A lot of these positive CBD experiences I see sound pretty similar to micro-dosing THC to me, though I realize not everyone's employer will appreciate that distinction..
When my wife got on the CBD train to help her sleep she was persuaded to purchase a CBD product with tiny amounts of THC in it. Supposedly just a little THC helps the CBD do what it does. Definitely doesn't maker her stoned, but she sleeps pretty well.