Facebook down all day

Ha ha, fuck them
Total votes: 8 (73%)
I didn’t notice
Total votes: 3 (27%)
Total votes: 11

Big Facebook outage

Apparently they deleted their BGP config, which is bad, and they also had very limited disaster recovery/business continuity. For example, their doors didn’t have keyed locks and their electronic door controls didn’t cache anything locally, so when the network went down, nobody could get in to do anything to fix it. Anyway, what do you think of all this?

Re: Big Facebook outage

Maybe (but probably not) a wake-up call for people to not have little communities, event planning, and their entire documented existence on that fucking platform. I started dabbling back on there too after a lonely Covid winter but some people are basically no longer in my life outside of FB, and to a lesser extent Instagram.

edit, further rant: I think I'd prefer to have meaningful interactions with people every couple of years vs. reading their one-liner posts or 'stories' 5 times a goddamn day. (exceptions for people who have to do it for their jobs)
Last edited by penningtron on Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Music

If there was any better case that they need to be broken back up to separate companies for Fbook, IG, and What's App, couldn't be a better example than yesterday. I know WA is a HUGE communication tool in a lot of the world--yesterday's outage would have been more like if suddenly your iPhone couldn't send any texts or make/receive calls.
Band: www.bracketsseattle.bandcamp.com
Old band: www.burnpermits.bandcamp.com
Older band: www.policeteeth.bandcamp.com

AdamN wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:24 pm
Dave N. wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:38 am Death to all of it.
Amen. I'm in the minority that hates Instagram more than Facebook. I only have FB for the messenger, because that's the messaging platform my gf prefers.
Thirded.

I haven’t had an account on any of their platforms in at least 6 years. I openly resent businesses that use their platforms rather than shell out a few bucks for a fucking Wordpress site.

Fuck FB.

I’m contented to be Autodesk’s bitch for the foreseeable future.