C/NC: Weird Al Yankovic

When will he ever stop?
Total votes: 2 (9%)
He’s a goddamn national treasure!
Total votes: 20 (91%)
Total votes: 22

Re: C/NC: Weird Al Yankovic

His extremely brief cameo for a great punchline in the first The Naked Gun film cemented, in my young mind, that he was a hysterically fawned over god-like celebrity of the likes of Michael Jackson or something. He's in the movie for literally a few seconds and it made me believe that was what every interaction he had with every person he met was like.

I loved the polka medleys he did on each of his records. Hearing songs like Black Hole Sun and I'll Stick Around in their original versions for the first time years later in high school and recognizing them from the medleys were ecstatic ah ha moments.

NC, obviously.

Re: C/NC: Weird Al Yankovic

The year is 2000, I am 9 years old and in the fourth grade, and my two older brothers who were in high school introduced me to an .exe on the family computer called Napster.

I had possibly a huge chunk of the western recorded canon in 128 kbps .mp3 format at my fingertips, and I remember my tiny folder of songs included a handful of Weird Al tracks, NSYNC - Bye Bye Bye, Michael Jackson - Beat It, Queen - We Will Rock You, Nelly - Country Grammar, and other random pop songs. I'd load them up on Windows Media Player with the visual EQ on full screen and just wig out.

Sorry for stealing your music before I entered puberty, Al.