LCD Soundsystem

CRAP
Total votes: 3 (30%)
NOT CRAP
Total votes: 7 (70%)
Total votes: 10

Band: LCD Soundsystem

not sure if this one has been put up on this iteration of the forum, but there's an archived thread where people seemed to haaaate lcd soundsystem, like really offended by them, thinking they're 'destroying music'. i tend to find people who 'destroy music' to be really exciting. curious if opinions around here have changed?

Re: Band: LCD Soundsystem

I remember that thread being generally postive, sometimes glowing with praise for LCD Soundsystem.
I don't understand them at all, and am baffled they are huge. I would bucket them with Hot Chip and Simian Mobile DIsco or whatever other eminently forgettable, millennial horseshit, indietronica retread was causing a stink at the time.

I'm glad they existed and were vocal about who inspired/inspires them. Fun to dance to, but I never saw myself dancing to them in a dingy basement or dive bar where the walls are covered with sweat. I think their more pop-oriented offerings are as dull as dirt, case in point: "Daft Punk is Playing at My House." Not Crap, but not the mainstream saviors they're often made out to be.
Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell

tommy wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:49 am I know it won't be a popular opinion here, but I'm not ashamed to admit I really enjoy this band.
I really like them too, though I only listened to American Dream once. They're apparently doing a 20-night residency at Brooklyn Steel in December (I'm not gonna go).
"Whatever happened to that album?"
"I broke it, remember? I threw it against the wall and it like, shattered."