Torn Arteries

Exhumed to Consume
Total votes: 4 (100%)
NeCRAPacism (No votes)
Total votes: 4

Re: Album: Torn Arteries by Carcass

Planning to listen on the way home from work today. I’m anticipating a lot of noodle guitars like Surgical Steel, though. It’s a shame that while they seem very much into rehashing a specific period of their earlier career, it’s Heartwork rather than Necroticism.

I guess there’s Impaled and Exhumed for that, although they usually leave me pretty limp these days too. General Surgery might be best at keeping that style going. Honestly, I’ll revisit the older Dead Infection and Squash Bowels stuff more than any of the above, these days. More a “what if there had been a Carcass album between Reek and Symphonies?”

Re: Album: Torn Arteries by Carcass

It's OK. Can't hate on it but can't breathlessly love it either. Flesh Ripping Sonic Torment Limited and the Scythe's Remorseless Swing both stood out to me as highlights.
Also it's clear that if the rest of the band ever put song-title reigns on Jeff Walker, those are now nonexistent.
I skipped the vinyl, because
biscuitdough wrote: not likely I’ll listen to it more than one more time in my life.
This, but "a few times", which is my criteria for "should this record take up space in my house".