Anthony Fauci

sick of him
Total votes: 3 (15%)
good doctor
Total votes: 17 (85%)
Total votes: 20

Physician: Fauci

So many ways one could start this conversation. I'll keep it to a simple 2 poll options.
The public face of coronavirus. A lightning rod, a scapegoat, a puppet? In over his head? Overrated guy but he's just doing his best? Evil incarnate?
One thing is certain. He ain't going anywhere.

Re: Physician: Fauci

It’s petty to point to the mistakes he’s made over the past 18 months. Everyone has made mistakes, but he’s made far fewer than most people, and he approaches everything in good faith and with genuine concern for the public good.

He is controversial only because of the Former Guy’s enormous and enormously frail ego.

I think this is bait, but I’ll offer this: Medicine is inexact. Constantly evolving. When my wife had cancer, they took many approaches to combat it, some of which were “new” to the treatment of breast cancer, and shown to be helpful but not completely understood. That’s part of the whole deal - everything is essentially an experiment. The chemo they gave her works for *most* people, but it would occasionally have horrible side effects, might not do its intended job, etc. But the percentages say it’s the best place to begin.

Same with my dad and the 11teen billion cancers he’s had. Some things worked, some didn’t, some had horrible side effects….even one of his surgeries that was supposed to be as routine as the sunrise would fuck him up. The chemo that they thought might not work would be great.

People expect one final answer immediately. A magic pill and a perfect answer on the spot. They don’t like to hear about evidence evolution, or understanding new things over time. Often it’s easier to point back to something an official said that was an earnest answer based on the evidence at the time and play “gotcha!” using new information that wasn’t available at the time of the original answer/opinion. It’s fucking tiresome and lazy.

So, yeah. Super easy to criticize the med community from afar. Fauci becoming the punching bag was a predictable outcome, but unfortunate. We should all probably be marveling at the rate of vaccine development and the success, instead we have people in the streets yelling at kids in high school. :sigh:

hbiden@onlyfans.com wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:43 pm I have noticed when Fauci worked "for Trump" he was more inclined to speak out against the boss. I trusted him more back then.
Why? Has his message changed?

Of course, it hasn’t. And he never really “spoke out” against the FG, save for the odd cringe. The FG saw that the public liked, respected, and trusted Fauci and simply couldn’t handle what should have been a feather in his cap. Fauci treaded carefully, but it ultimately didn’t matter. His boss undermined him and eventually decided to promote witch doctors he heard about on talk radio.

Wood Goblin wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:53 pm
hbiden@onlyfans.com wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:43 pm I have noticed when Fauci worked "for Trump" he was more inclined to speak out against the boss. I trusted him more back then.
Why? Has his message changed?

Of course, it hasn’t. And he never really “spoke out” against the FG, save for the odd cringe. The FG saw that the public liked, respected, and trusted Fauci and simply couldn’t handle what should have been a feather in his cap. Fauci treaded carefully, but it ultimately didn’t matter. His boss undermined him and eventually decided to promote witch doctors he heard about on talk radio.
His Christmas message did in fact change after Biden heard it. I am not saying there was any political pressure there of course....

The guy has advised every president going back to Reagan in an apolitical capacity. As previously stated, he's only controversial because his science contradicted Dump's claims of Lysol enemas and horse dewormer. This is the country we live in.
We're headed for social anarchy when people start pissing on bookstores.

Krev wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:31 pm The guy has advised every president going back to Reagan in an apolitical capacity. As previously stated, he's only controversial because his science contradicted Dump's claims of Lysol enemas and horse dewormer. This is the country we live in.
Don’t forget to shine sunlight on your sinuses.