3.) keeps my garbage neighbors indoors
4.) quiet, chill, still
5.) & fun on a hill
6.) also, it's 80's lingo for cocaine
7.) can't make a snowman without it...
8.) ...or a snowball either
9.) handy to have if your fridge breaks

Re: Form of precipitation: snow

It's all dependent upon where the snow is.

Snow was okay when it was fresh in northern Wisconsin and Minnesota.

Snow in Chicago sucked. Sticky, mushy shit that turned to grey-brown shit immediately and then turn to frozen over slush.

Snow in the Pacific Northwest can be awesome. In the mountains it's a transformative wonder necessary for a healthy watershed and diversity of biomes, as well as the geologic evolution at play above 4,000' or so, and that also sticks around into summer and makes for serene and challenging hiking/backpacking experiences. At it's peak in winter it can make for downhill and nordic skiing that puts any experience east of the Rockies to shame.

In the Willamette Valley it's a novelty that, if it sticks around for more than 24-48 hours, can upend life pretty seriously for folks.

Now that snow is optional to the experience of the seasons I rather like it. When I lived in the midwest it got old by the 2nd or 3rd major snowfall and I couldn't wait for it to end.

jason from volo wrote: There was this one time when I was in a Christmas market in Nürnberg in the evening drinking warm, spiced wine by a fire. It was maybe 2C, no wind (very important), and it started snowing. That was pleasant.
Fuck yes, this sounds perfect. I love spending time outdoors at winter get-togethers and hangs.

NC, but waffles, as it depends on context and degree. I have a couple of cellphone videos of my adorable Havanese (a dog bred for warm/tropical climates) having his first foray into the world of snow. Not a lot was accumulating, but he got to experience a light snowfall and it was honestly moving, as I didn't think he'd ever get the opportunity.

The feeling of being "cozy" inside while it snows outside is swell. Shoveling is good exercise. There's sledding, snowball fights, skiing (if you're into that), yadda, yadda...

But if you live "in the North," by mid-February or thereabouts (maybe sooner?), it's like, "Knock this shit off already!" It's not too appealing when snow and ice get caked with dirt and other debris and you have to look at big brown snowbanks on the side of the road, with pools of gray ice water in the margins, ready to sully the socks and shoes of unsuspecting/ill-prepared pedestrians.
ZzzZzzZzzz . . .