That's not a knife

Strewth
Total votes: 18 (58%)
Didgiri-don't
Total votes: 13 (42%)
Total votes: 31

Re: King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard

Garth wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:59 pm My young cousin is way into them. I checked out a few things and it isn't for me, but it wasn't the complete shit I was expecting it to be either.

No vote. But I think I can at least say that after listening to a few songs, they're a better band their name implies.
Yeah, we leave KEXP on in the house a lot, and whenever they play one of their songs it's much better than I'd assumed but man, that is a stupid name and that band puts out way too much music for any reasonable person to keep up with.
Band: www.bracketsseattle.bandcamp.com
Old band: www.burnpermits.bandcamp.com
Older band: www.policeteeth.bandcamp.com

tallchris wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:44 pm
Garth wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:59 pm My young cousin is way into them. I checked out a few things and it isn't for me, but it wasn't the complete shit I was expecting it to be either.

No vote. But I think I can at least say that after listening to a few songs, they're a better band their name implies.
Yeah, we leave KEXP on in the house a lot, and whenever they play one of their songs it's much better than I'd assumed but man, that is a stupid name and that band puts out way too much music for any reasonable person to keep up with.
like 12 LP's in 4 years or something? I can't keep up either. Think they're back to 1 drummer now too.

Not crap.
Trey Wrote: "How great must a thread be to miss such a thing? Beans on the penis great, I suppose"

There's a sort of TLDR overwhelmed thing I get with functional bands that release so much stuff. A defunct band is manageable because I know there's an end...

I really liked (maybe?) Their first, but next time I looked there were a bazillion more LPs!

Also, that microtonal thing didn't work for me, but probably great fun to write/record.

NOT CRAP