?

Crap
Total votes: 4 (40%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 6 (60%)
Total votes: 10

Re: Furniture: The Futon

I don't know if there's a special Anglo/American usage of this word (like for say, any kind of floor-sleeping mattress). I'm thinking of the specific kind I slept on during an extended stay in Japan, which was comfortable as shit. Was it due to the tatami mat? Who knows. I've never been able to find anything like it where I live. I've been shopping around and asked "Can you put this directly on the floor?" and the store guy was like "ummm yeah you could but it's gonna be really hard" and so on. Unless there was some incredibly expensive thing. If I were able to find something like this I might prefer it to a regular bed, since you could fold it up and put it away.
born to give

kokorodoko wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:34 am I don't know if there's a special Anglo/American usage of this word (like for say, any kind of floor-sleeping mattress). I'm thinking of the specific kind I slept on during an extended stay in Japan, which was comfortable as shit. Was it due to the tatami mat? Who knows. I've never been able to find anything like it where I live. I've been shopping around and asked "Can you put this directly on the floor?" and the store guy was like "ummm yeah you could but it's gonna be really hard" and so on. Unless there was some incredibly expensive thing. If I were able to find something like this I might prefer it to a regular bed, since you could fold it up and put it away.
I've seen those called Japanese futons.
We're headed for social anarchy when people start pissing on bookstores.

As a furniture sales man, no. You can buy a good love seat or small couch that will fold out and be way more comfortable. Manufactures aren't fucking around anymore when it comes to fold out beds, no bar in the back for a long time! This would also last a lot longer the a fouton, which people stopped asking me if I have many years ago.
"There's a felling I get when I look to the west"
"When the meaningful words. When they cease to function. When there's nothing to say."