Patsy Cline

Yes
Total votes: 14 (100%)
No (No votes)
Total votes: 14

Re: Patsy Cline

Not crap, of course.

Showcase is a top-to-bottom great record. It’s so loaded with great songs that I had to look it up to confirm that it wasn’t a compilation. The reissue even has a cover of “Lovesick Blues” every bit as good as the original.

jason from volo wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:03 pmWife and I have been working to get to 100% completion on Vice City over the past few days... weird how a 20-year-old video game has so much staying power.

I think we need to move on to San Andreas afterwards.
Good luck! VC 100% is fun, maybe not so much the Taxi and Ambulance grinds (do they have to be done in a row? can't remember). But San Andreas, fuck me. That motorcycle checkpoint thing in the San Fierro harbour, and getting all golds in the driving school... Brutal.
born to give

She’s great. Any recommendations for someone in a similar vein? Kitty Wells hasn’t really done it for me.

I like to imagine drifters and naer-do-wells, wandering in the 1950s, hooked on barbiturates and whiskey and crooning away. So, Hank Williams I guess.

BeyondThePale wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:36 am She’s great. Any recommendations for someone in a similar vein? Kitty Wells hasn’t really done it for me.

I like to imagine drifters and naer-do-wells, wandering in the 1950s, hooked on barbiturates and whiskey and crooning away. So, Hank Williams I guess.
Check out Jenny Don't and the Spurs. Not as perfect as Patsy by any means, and they'd agree with that I think. Definitely shooting for a "what if Patsy, Merle, and Hank had collaborated" kind of thing.