Les Paul
Total votes: 6 (14%)
Telecaster
Total votes: 18 (41%)
SG
Total votes: 9 (20%)
Total votes: 44

Re: Guitar quadrangular fight - Tele vs. Strat vs SG vs. Les Paul

Telecaster all the way. Simple, blunt, no-bullshit and brutal.

SG's are cool but I struggle going from a Fender scale to the shorter Gibson scale.

Strats are comfortable with the exception of the volume knob location which makes it a pain in the balls to play.

I've never really jived with traditional Les Pauls and I err more towards single coil pickups.
Band: https://cushingsound.bandcamp.com/music

You can pick out amazing musicians / records as cases for all four instruments, so I'm basing my opinion as a player.

LPs are beasts - versatile but always heavy. I got a studio model years back and it just works for whatever you're bringing to it. Never got on w/ Strats, find SGs too delicate to play and sorta hold a grudge against Teles after a buying one and never really bonding with it during my lost years. Very little guitar playing as a result.

Pains me to endorse Gibson though, those guys have lost the plot badly.

Must note: 1. That I'm a committed Gretsch fan and I'll be taking my Falcon into the cold cold ground with me and 2. that Jackson (while 100% not for me) really got it right w/ the Soloist.

Tele, no contest.

Take a Tele with the standard "ashtray" bridge and pickup, and you can fuck with it in so many ways for great results. It's like a base gravy for a whole menu of tasty Indian curries. Humbucker/Mini/P90/whatever at the neck? Throw in a middle pickup? Dispense with a neck pickup altogether? It's all good.
"What am I gonna do with 40 subscriptions to Vibe?"

I talk disjointed music-related guff over here. You're welcome.