Hammerhead

Thumbs up
Total votes: 17 (89%)
Thumbs down
Total votes: 2 (11%)
Total votes: 19

Re: Band Hammerhead

NC. As far as textbook, time-period "noise-rock" bands go, they were one of the most convincing and intense with strong songwriting as well. That said, they also struck me as the type of band that were practically *raised* on Amphetamine Reptile-type music and very little else; this makes them different and more one-dimensional/less exciting than the bands from the 80's who influenced them. I feel the same way about Cherubs, Distorted Pony, Dazzling Killmen and other bands along those lines from the same era that I used to listen to but rarely revisit.

Re: Band Hammerhead

jakethesnake wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:45 am this makes them different and more one-dimensional/less exciting ... Dazzling Killmen
I dunno if you could call the Killmen one dimensional... they def had a vaster musical volcab compared to most Am Rep / Trance Syndicate bands, IMO... only thing that strong musically was those early Today Is The Day records...

On topic.

Hammerhead: OK, not great, not bad... just very in debt to the musical / atmospheric conventions of the time on about 75% of their material - the remaining 25% is very very good though - memorable hooks, misanthropic lyrics, a real furious, nihilistic abandon...

I think 10 (or so) killer songs is just enough to get a NC.