C/NC: Negative Approach

Check it out
Total votes: 15 (100%)
No thanks (No votes)
Total votes: 15

Re: Band: Negative Approach

They're on the bill with Circle Jerks and 7 Seconds for a show in March I bought tickets to over a year ago, lol. I've never seen any of them.

I liked what I heard from Negative Approach.
"Whatever happened to that album?"
"I broke it, remember? I threw it against the wall and it like, shattered."

NA were great but Laughing Hyenas were mind-blowing. They were unbeatable. The new NA lineup is doing double duty as Brannon's current band Easy Action, and as much as I like the NA blast of hardcore live, I think I might like Easy Action's scuzzy, maxed-out rock and roll even more. So yeah, NA are absolutely not crap but I think I like John Brannon best when the beat behind him has a mean swagger.

The Hyenas are my fav Brannon band (esp the last record), but N.A are great - really brutal mix of early American hardcore and the tougher bits of Oi - a lean, mean sound tipped over the edge by Brannon's feral vocals (there's a really rough live track called 'Tunnel Vision' where he goes absolutely berzerk that kinda freaked me out as a kid).

These were the mix of influences that inspired a lot of early NYHC (esp Agnostic Front), so props to the Detroiters for keeping the lunkhead vibe to an absolute minimum.

N.C.

kicker_of_elves wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:04 pm
zircona1 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:37 pm They're on the bill with Circle Jerks and 7 Seconds for a show in March I bought tickets to over a year ago, lol. I've never seen any of them.

I liked what I heard from Negative Approach.
What venue? I’m going to that same show!
Red Flag in St. Louis.
"Whatever happened to that album?"
"I broke it, remember? I threw it against the wall and it like, shattered."