Re: Aerosmith.

Are there poll options? There really don’t need to be, tbh.

I’m sure the fun police will come along and say that if you don’t pretend to love the things you dislike, then you hate fun.

I don’t care. They sucked when they did drugs and they sucked when they stopped. Shit band. The first example of the Nickelback and Hoobastank phenomenon, in that you are will never meet anyone who likes them, but they are somehow, nonetheless, popular.

Rocks is easily one of the best albums ever made.

70's material also very strong. Stones + Zep w/ a killer rhythm section bringing energy and flex. Very underrated as a band - I've figured out a few tunes over the years ('Back in the Saddle', for example) and it's been interesting to see how much is going on, esp w/ the bass playing.

Rock in a Hard Place and Done With Mirrors have flaws, but there are moments of greatness underneath the chaos.

Very, very steep downturn thereafter. I'd be lying if I said I didn't mind some of the singles from this point on (though not the ballads) as primo cheese-mersh, but it's always schlock, driven by lo-com-denom market concerns. But it's an easy and clear cut-off point for engagement.

If they hadn't made Rocks, I would be somewhat more torn about how to vote. But Rocks is so crucially, effortlessly brilliant that it's an easy N.C from me.

speedie wrote: With the exceptions of "Walk This Way", Sweet Emotion"and "Mama Kin" ..... CRAP.

Discuss.
These three lean the crap direction for my tastes...
Major waffles for the bass vi part on Back in the Saddle, and I thought Nobody's Fault was super tough stuff when I was a kid.
DIY and die anyway.

Rocks is certainly the best one. It sounds really cool (Jack Douglas recording), but other than a few songs I wouldn't call it great.

Their crimes against humanity far outweigh the highlights, so Crap.
jason from volo wrote: Steven Tyler = cringe
Danny Fields' description of him in his biopic is funny. "..and he came to the afterparty wearing the same clothes he was on stage with just prior, yuck!"
Music

Everything up through Rocks plus Kings and Queens is good. They should have stayed broken up. Get Your Wings is pretty flawless. The song "Nobody's Fault" off Rocks is exemplary.
We're headed for social anarchy when people start pissing on bookstores.

Post-1990, I'll still go to bat for the following:

- Love In An Elevator
- The Other Side
- Eat the Rich
- Shut Up and Dance
- Jaded
- the video for 'Janie's Got A Gun'

All the other stuff they've done since then I have no use for anymore.
"Whatever happened to that album?"
"I broke it, remember? I threw it against the wall and it like, shattered."