Flipper rules?

Flipper rules
Total votes: 30 (97%)
Flipper doesn't rule
Total votes: 1 (3%)
Total votes: 31

Re: Flipper

Fucking incredible band until Will Shatter died, after which the records become a little embarrassing. Waffles for not at least changing the name after that.

That said, I saw at least two convincing live shows in the mid-'00s. And the first album, the live 2xLP, the ROIR tape, and the early singles are heavy, sloppy perfection. Can't find fault w/those at all. Flipper is the only band my old group from the '90s ever covered.

My wish for 2022 is for the 1982 demos to finally be released as some kind of official 3xLP set.

Ted Falconi is my favorite guitar player. He slashes upward with his right arm and strangles the fretboard with his left. He sounds like a man playing his own mangled brainwaves to punish or delight the world.

Flipper with David Yow was one of the best shows I’ve ever seen. It didn’t matter that the songs were decades old, they could be from yesterday or tomorrow. The atmosphere was still thick. Flipper is transcendent.

RULES

Reality breakdown wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:40 pm Flipper with David Yow was one of the best shows I’ve ever seen.
David was great singing for them, I hope this happens again sometime down the line.

NC. The post-Shatter stuff is mostly not great, as mentioned, but American Grafishy had a few good tracks. "Someday" is still one of my favorite Flipper songs.