Band: Swirlies?

Crap (No votes)
Not Crap
Total votes: 9 (100%)
Total votes: 9

Re: Band: Swirlies

Love ‘em. I feel like they could have rubbed me the wrong way if I’d heard them on the wrong day or at the wrong time, and things could have been different.

…Salons bowled me over pretty immediately, though, and I’ve been hooked ever since.

Love their mania. No waffles.

tommy wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:27 am I was a huge fan of What to Do About Them and Blonder Tongue Audio Baton.

Sloppy MBV is true, but I love that about them. They definitely have their own American indie rock thing going on though.
They were part of that early 90s Boston noise rock scene with Kudgel and Green Magnet School, so I always associated them with the indie scene you describe. Live, that whoozy trem bar guitar style was - I feel - a bit downplayed compared to the records (which definitely led to MBV comparisons).

NC
he/him/his

www.bostontypewriterorchestra.com

Fun band. Kind of biased because my friend from college Anthony Deluca played drums with them for awhile. He played in a few good bands, Ambulance Driver, Unsane, Blake Babies... I tried to catch them at the Empty Bottle once in the summer of 1994 but showed up late. They gave me a ride back up north because they were staying near where I was living while back home for the summer. Oh 90’s Boston noise rock scene, how I miss you.
© 2003 el protoolio

El Protoolio wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:43 pm Fun band. Kind of biased because my friend from college Anthony Deluca played drums with them for awhile. He played in a few good bands, Ambulance Driver, Unsane, Blake Babies... I tried to catch them at the Empty Bottle once in the summer of 1994 but showed up late. They gave me a ride back up north because they were staying near where I was living while back home for the summer. Oh 90’s Boston noise rock scene, how I miss you.
Anthony was also in Negative approach briefly, maybe 2011 or so? Saw them with OFF! In Dallas while I was on business. Good fit, but I think Chris Moore is back with them again.
he/him/his

www.bostontypewriterorchestra.com

twelvepoint wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:41 pm
El Protoolio wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:43 pm Fun band. Kind of biased because my friend from college Anthony Deluca played drums with them for awhile. He played in a few good bands, Ambulance Driver, Unsane, Blake Babies... I tried to catch them at the Empty Bottle once in the summer of 1994 but showed up late. They gave me a ride back up north because they were staying near where I was living while back home for the summer. Oh 90’s Boston noise rock scene, how I miss you.
Anthony was also in Negative approach briefly, maybe 2011 or so? Saw them with OFF! In Dallas while I was on business. Good fit, but I think Chris Moore is back with them again.
I had no idea and that’s nuts. I first met him in a literature class that I took with my best friend in fall of 1992? And at first we thought he was a douche but he turned out to be cool. A few years older than me and with a super dry sense of humor.
© 2003 el protoolio