Butthole Surfers
Total votes: 15 (25%)
Killdozer
Total votes: 11 (18%)
Scratch Acid
Total votes: 5 (8%)
Total votes: 61

Re: Big Black vs. Butthole Surfers vs. Killdozer vs. Scratch Acid

Big Black. The first two EPs are the only things in the discography that don't 100% smoke, and Bulldozer comes close while Lungs is, at very least, an interesting DIY post-punk record. (Ok, perhaps Headache is 1/4 dull.) But Jesus, still... A great run. Certainly influential, not to mention incredibly ballsy for its time. I don't listen very often in this day and age, but Racer X, Atomizer, Sound of Impact, and Songs About Fucking always scratch an itch.

Scratch Acid's first mini-album might be the best and most enduring record on here. It's certainly the most musically limber, in a brutal sorta way. I have listened to it over and over and still do. But I don't dig Just Keep Eating half as much, even though Berserker is pretty solid.

The other two bands strike me almost as novelties that had some moments. But both got pretty redundant in the '90s.

I should note that I voted based on these bands' entire careers, not just on the records they issued w/T&G.

Re: Big Black vs. Butthole Surfers vs. Killdozer vs. Scratch Acid

For me BB and it's not particularly close: Big Black > Scratch Acid > Killdozer > Butthole Surfers. To be fair, BB was one of the first noise bands I was exposed to and the only one of these I still listen to. I've tried to warm up to the others (being from WI, Killdozer of course), but no dice. I think my dad threw out my Songs About Fucking cassette tape back in the day. Memories!
https://thecustomarysilence.bandcamp.com