Poached
Total votes: 2 (7%)
Fried
Total votes: 11 (37%)
Scrambled
Total votes: 10 (33%)
Omelette
Total votes: 6 (20%)
Some other preversion, for preverts (explain in post) (No votes)
Total votes: 30

Re: Eggdome.

A_Man_Who_Tries wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:04 am I'd say the ramen egg is my all-time top egg, but it crucially needs the whole ramen dealy to elevate it. Bewilderingly fine egg though.
Truth.

Call me basic, but I love some farm-fresh scrambled eggs on a Sunday morning.

FM Trey and I ate scrambled eggs in Zagreb one morning, and they were the greatest eggs we’d ever had. Not sure what they did to make those eggs so delicious, but FM Luzwei claimed it was simply the result of contented Croatian chickens. Trey and I still talk about those scrambled eggs.

A_Man_Who_Tries wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:04 am I'd say the ramen egg is my all-time top egg, but it crucially needs the whole ramen dealy to elevate it. Bewilderingly fine egg though.
I throw one over pasta sometimes for a carbonara-like effect. Imagine it'd be pretty good with soba noodles too.

The ice bath and peeling can be tedious but I'm pretty convinced it'll never disappoint.
Music

A_Man_Who_Tries wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:42 am Egg, seasoning, buttered toast. Nothing else.

Me? Poached, all the way.
Poached or boiled, on buttered toast, I like a little balsamic vinegar, lots of pepper, and a little salt.

But I'd probably go for scrambled most times, as long as it's not cooked hard or dry. A dash of toban if I've got any. Mmmmmmmm.

Poached for 10 months a year then i go through 2 month phase where i want scrambled eggs like a child. Then back to poached and the cycle continues.

Boiled eggs very occasionally when in a hurry and can't attend to them or for whatever reason don't feel confident in my ability to poach.

Omelette when someone else is making it.

Fried eggs are fucked.
Last edited by Happyman on Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Omelette is my go to, but most of them are good. Poached is fussy, but makes more sense to me than soft-boiled. I’m not fucking with a shell at the table. I consider those little double boiler apparatus acceptable for poached, too, if you don’t want to be a real frog and do it with the vinegar water, which I don’t.

I like eggs.