SVE?

Crap (No votes)
Not Crap
Total votes: 7 (100%)
Total votes: 7

Singer-Songwriter: Sharon Van Etten

Threw on her new album the other day because my partner buys them all basically. They all seem to have 2 or 3 songs I really like and a bunch of (to me) filler. I feel like she's probably best at a certain thing (sad and/or dark stuff) but can understand the need to mix things up. Still, probably as close as I get to enjoying an acclaimed modern singer-songwriter. NC, some waffles sure.

p.s. new album cover doesn't hold back one bit:
Music

Re: Singer-Songwriter: Sharon Van Etten

I like her. I agree with the two-three amazing songs idea for the last couple. The Tramp, Epic, Are We There Run is more consistent but less musically adventurous. She's recently taken on more of a stage persona- putting down the guitar, wearing black leather, intentional dance moves. I don't click with that quite as much, but I get it. I just loved seeing her in her more earnest and vulnerable days.

But dang, yeah that lady got synth fever a few years ago.

Re: Singer-Songwriter: Sharon Van Etten

losthighway wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:19 am She's recently taken on more of a stage persona- putting down the guitar, wearing black leather, intentional dance moves. I don't click with that quite as much, but I get it. I just loved seeing her in her more earnest and vulnerable days.
Didn't know that.. bummer. Sounds like she has a ways to go before reaching St. Vincent levels though.
But dang, yeah that lady got synth fever a few years ago.
I really like the 4AD/Carpenter soundtrack sounding stuff when it works.
Music