George Clinton

George Clinton
Total votes: 7 (78%)
Melvins
Total votes: 2 (22%)
Total votes: 9

Re: Thunderdome: Antioxidote Vs Atomic Dog

Odd pairing maybe. I need to go listen to the George Clinton as it’s not in my collection or rotation. Antioxidote is a track I rather like off Eggnog. It’s an effective blend of their more interesting herky jerky and more brash obnoxious stuff of the that album. Winds up being catchy. That Charmicarmicat is the winner from that album.

Edit: Atomic Dog is a great track! I’m digging it.

Re: Thunderdome: Antioxidote Vs Atomic Dog

Atomic Dog is a clasdic but very overplayed/oversampled. From the more "electro-funk" era of P-funk, I wish they would play "Pumpin' it up" and "Generator pop" off "Urban Dancefloor guerillas" (P-funk all-stars) or Bootsys "Body slam" and "Shine-o-myte" more often; theyr'e all from the same era as "Atomic Dog". Of course, Zapp was ruling that sound back then and was at least loosely affiliated with P-funk or Bootsy at least. Useless bonus-trivia: it was allegedly George Clintons idea to turn the backing rhythm track on "More bounce..." backwards! He didn't take any credit for that which he came to regret later.

Melvins tune rocks but is not really representative of them at their best IMO; my fave by them in that era is "Zodiac" on "Bullhead"; I love the rhythm-switch and riff in the second half...