Ed Hardy

Crap.
Total votes: 1 (25%)
Not Crap.
Total votes: 3 (75%)
Total votes: 4

Artist: Ed Hardy

I'll admit, for years I used his name as shorthand for terrible, tacky bullshit clothing. Didn't know much else. We recently watched A couple docs on him (Vice's Tattoo Age episode, and Tattoo the World). Dude is a fantastic artist. Brilliant tattoos, incredible paintings, and I like his ceramics, too. He's a great interview. Not a lot of bullshit, but really insightful about his failures, successes, and what it means to create.

Hearty NOT CRAP for Hardy.

Re: Artist: Ed Hardy

My first serious girlfriend was this amazing tall short haired punk girl. My very well meaning aunt and mother, who have always done their best to understand the weird women I date, bought her an Ed Hardy bag because, in their minds, her all-black shredded clothes aesthetic meshed well with the clown puke sailor cowgirl brightness of Ed Hardy. It was hilarious seeing her clad in a fucked up greasy Melvins shirt, a tacklebox worth of metal in her face, combat boots, and this yellow and red Ed Hardy bag. Not crap for years of giggles, although I do associate it with chooches and fuck boys.
New metal outfit

https://laddermatchco.bandcamp.com/album/3-count-demo