FACS

CRAPS
Total votes: 1 (8%)
NOT CRAPS
Total votes: 12 (92%)
Total votes: 13

FACS

I only had Void Moments until today when I discovered them selling a reissue LP of their album Present Tense plus an LP of their newest album Still Life In Decay on bandcamp. Due to arrive within two weeks. I fucking adore this band. What say you?

FACS NOT CRAPS
© 2003 el protoolio

Re: FACS

Saw 'em just a few nights ago. I've tried and tried to like them as much as others around these parts but think they're just ok. Very good drummer that plays it a bit safe most of the time, the Jazz Chorus/harmonizer guitar gets old after a few songs, a vocal/lyrical approach that's a bit stuck in the Chicago '90s, etc. John Congleton's mixes are the most interesting thing about their records to me and he's not on the new one, and I think it shows. Glad they seem to be fairly popular, but ultimately not for me.
Music

I enjoy all of Brian Cases' bands to varying degrees with my favorite being The Ponys but FACS is a solid NC. re: Noah - I'm a drummer but I'm not a drummer's drummer. Don't care about technique, obviously, or focus intently on gear, but I'm challenged to think of a band whose drummer I'm so focused on in live performances. I love his playing.
Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell

I really like this band a lot. Maybe my favorite Chicago band right now that I'm not friends with IRL. I got to see 90 Day Men at a basement show in South Bend back in the day but I still haven't gotten to see FACS yet.

I like them. I listened to Present Tense a lot when I was uber-ing full time and I became a fan through that record. They def have a lot of roots in the 80's/90's underground, but there's nothing wrong with that.

Really enjoy this band in spite of a couple things.

I don't understand why there are vocals in this music. Big barrier to entry for me but I'm glad I got over it. Still.

Each record kinda sounds the same to me, too, but so do all those Lungfish albums, so fuck it.

They were supposed to play in Kzoo a while back but a blizzard ruined that. Very much want to see them live.

And yeah, my god, that drummer. Scorched earth.