Nose rings?

CRAP
Total votes: 8 (47%)
NOT CRAP
Total votes: 9 (53%)
Total votes: 17

Jewelry: nose ring

I normally have a “you do you” kind of attitude on jewelry and attire, but IMO, nose rings work really well on some people, but not on others. Also depends on the type and location of the nose ring.

I’ve also never had the chance to ask someone who wears one what they do when they have a cold. Seems messy.

EDIT:

NOT CRAP, WF: 5
Last edited by jfv on Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

Re: Jewelry: nose ring

I like em, and I didn't until the last few years or so.

My wife has one nostril pierced. She alternates between a blue stud and a small stainless hoop. I have one nostril and my septum pierced, and I wear my jewelry full time. I got them pierced when I was between regular jobs in 2021 and had the time to let them heal without having to see co-workers/customers/etc. Now I just take them out when I need to for appearance purposes, though I haven't really had to at my current gig.

Regarding cleaning: Daily, I just lean under the shower spray and give it all a good shake and blow out the snot rockets. You kinda learn how to squeeze it to break up whatever's in there. That's about it. For boogers, colds, allergies. snot clearance, it's pretty easy to just get a nasal saline spray, give the old cavities a good power washing and go about your day.

It's rare that I get into a position that I have to take them out for any cleaning or maintenance.

They are a pain in the ass when they're healing, but all piercings are. The septum was the easier of the 2 overall.

We don't get a lot of say in how we're put together physically, so I advocate for people taking control of what they can in that regard. Who give a shit you know?

**Edited for clarity. I sometimes use too many words.

Re: Jewelry: nose ring

With most piercings a part of me will immediately judge and dismiss whoever has it.

"Yuck. You're stupid. Thanks for letting me know you're on the team i don't play for."

I would say 15 -- 20% of my consciousness. Through therapy and reflection i have whittled it down from around 60%.

I actually have a for real phobia of metal. Definitely plays a part, but i also just associate the piercing with the time they were popularized and it seems strange people still have them.