Cloud Nothings?

not crap
Total votes: 3 (75%)
crap
Total votes: 1 (25%)
Total votes: 4

Band: Cloud Nothings

I have been listening to them a lot lately. I wouldn’t say I previously wrote them off, but I wasn’t really prepared to give them a chance.

I think Attack On Memory is a perfect album.

Outside of that one album I find them difficult to talk about. I’m never quite sure what it is about them that interests me.

I can’t stop listening to the most recent album. It’s so poppy and has this drumming that is simultaneously excessive and really interesting.

Sometimes they remind me of Jimmy Eat World or something and it confuses me.

Very curious what people think about them.

(Would really appreciate it If a kind soul could link to the thread on the archived forum. I searched and searched.)
Last edited by Happyman on Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Band: Cloud Nothings

Not crap.

The band is strong with contradictions. Bedroom pop guy stumbles into ferocious post hardcore seemingly through intuition. He has a very low speaking voice and sings fairly high.

The Jimmy Eat World comparison is interesting. Cloud Nothings is like if JEW took their best impulses (they actually have a few) and kept them safe from their worst ones. After all it's a thin line between rock that is brawny and slick, melodies that are affecting and ones that are cloying, and lyrics that are affecting vs those that are sentimental or melodramatic.

No shocker around here but I love the sound of their EA recorded material.