Twitter

Crap
Total votes: 21 (64%)
Crap, but there are a few accounts I read anyway
Total votes: 12 (36%)
Total votes: 33

Re: Social media site: Twitter

The "Crap, but there are a few accounts I read anyway" pretty much sums it up for me.

I'm glad I don't need my own Twitter account to read other Twitter accounts.

I'm otherwise almost completely off social media, except an occasional visit to LinkedIn, and of course here (do these count?).
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

I left FB and Insta about six years back, leaving Twitter as my only soc-med. I liked it, it gave me an outlet to post weirdo dipshit art and food jokes and such.
Since the Elon purchase... I left for two months and a friend convinced me to come back on and another friend convinced me to stick around.

The vibe there has changed; I used to use it for actual IRL stuff, like meeting up with people and making plans and the like, or even just getting heads ups on pre-orders. Now I just browse it a few times a week to see if any fellow FMs have posted anything funny. There are a couple of local social justice groups I follow, too.

Mastodon is a subpar replacement. It's people talking about how much cooler Mastodon is while still sharing Twitter screen caps because that's where things actually happen.

A begrudging not crap.
🎸 krakoa.bandcamp.com
📚 barnesandnoble.com/s/Charlie%20Pauken
🥪 sandwichbully.blogspot.com

uhm, no it fucking rocks. I've been spending a dangerous amount of time there.

I'm a latercomer, basically took no note of it until a year or two ago. Barely got time to settle in before Elon took over. So I have no idea about how it might have been different before.

Sure most of it is probably worthless but w/e, I care about what I care about.

Maybe it'll become unusable eventually but idk, a lot of folks thought its crash was imminent at the time of the transfer.
born to give

ChudFusk wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:41 pm Elon has allegedly hired a woman to be CEO. I wonder if that means he's going to stop tweeting.
Last I heard he was also going to retain his direction of their technical divisions, which sounds like a bad idea. Didn't he fire the devs who had the fewest lines of code committed, and then later realize that was anyone who was working on something hard? Also he's like, a super dumbass. Maybe always that way, maybe died on the operating table for a few too many minutes while he was getting cheekbones installed, but definitely not a smart guy.

Pretty great for academic stuff and student success and so on. The algo is obvious tractor-beaming towards shouty because the suggestions are nearly always for Americans going berserky-rage over this that or the other, but it is pretty easy to block this as it arrives.

My whiteboard marker, Inky, has an account. He tweets about all sorts of wonderful things. One of his posts has 24 likes. 24 I tell you!
Last edited by seby on Fri May 12, 2023 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"lol, listen to op 'music' and you'll understand"....

https://sebastiansequoiah-grayson.bandcamp.com/
https://oblier.bandcamp.com/releases
https://youtube.com/user/sebbityseb