Dummy amplifiers & cabinets on stage

Crap
Total votes: 9 (82%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 2 (18%)
Total votes: 11

Re: Stage Prop: Dummy Amplifiers/Cabinets

ChudFusk wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:32 pm The real question is, is a wall of real Marshalls much cooler?
All functioning and in use? Yes, though I imagine this doesn't happen often anymore in the depicted situation.

Real amps but just used for props? Borderline, leaning towards crap, unless they could feasibly be used as a backup in case of a failure.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

Just goes to show that you can fool anybody as people listen with their eyes. Putting a dumb big show is great and fun, but this just comes from a place of insecurity. Super lame, including when bands that I like do this.

Slayer, why? Jeff had six active cabinets, they should've just stacked those! It essentially looks like a billboard ad for Marshall gear (I wouldn't be surprised if it was, to be honest).

Actually, it's extra super lame because I think it's way cooler to see bands with less gear bring it.

Hah, I've never looked behind one of those walls before. Why do they bother making the back of the heads appear real at a glance? Extra dumb.
ChudFusk wrote: The real question is, is a wall of real Marshalls much cooler?
If it's a theater or church and not relying on a PA, NC. If it's a more typical venue and all those amps are set to 2 (assuming half of them are on), Crap.
Music