Re: Myriam Gendron

She's great, everything she's released is great. I think Ma Délire is my favorite record of the current decade although my girlfriend slightly prefers the Dorothy Parker one. Both are essential, as far as I'm concerned.
Here's a dumb little story about seeing her live:
I moved up to the Hudson Valley last summer for school after living in Brooklyn for the prior 25 years and I was not feeling great about leaving the city behind to live in the sticks. As it turns out Myriam Gendron was playing in Brooklyn a few weeks after we were to move and I thought to myself, "great, just adding insult to injury that I'm going to miss seeing her by days because I'm moving to a place I don't know and don't particularly like." And then I found out actually she was going to play a bar in the tiny city where I now live on the same tour. So even though I wasn't super pumped about my new town I got to go see her play at a pretty cool bar about a mile from my apt. And she was so lovely live and the audience was really great (I saw Lucy Sante hanging out there) and it made moving up here seem much less daunting.