Zen Arcade vs New Day Rising

Zen Arcade
Total votes: 13 (68%)
New Day Rising
Total votes: 6 (32%)
Total votes: 19

Re: Zen Arcade vs New Day Rising

They're both great, great records IMO. Zen Arcade gets my vote because it's just packed with so many strong songs, but New Day Rising has a peaceful, happy vibe to it that the turbulent ZA lacks. NDR reminds me of a more electrified Feelies or REM. ZA is more reminiscent of hardcore bands like Bad Brains and Minor Threat.

Which one I put on depends on my mood for that day. When I was sixteen ZA resonated more heavily for me but nowadays NDR better fits my mood most of the time.

In college I made a friend who was instrumental in turning me on to a lot of music I had previously missed. He dubbed a copy of Zen Arcade and it made my head spin. I don't think I've ever heard pure bile in someone's vocals until "I'll Never Forget You." Good lord. And, oh, how I identified with "Chartered Trips."

ZA

The latest Upper Wilds record, Jupiter, has a crackin' version of "Books About UFOs" for anyone interested.
Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell

rsmurphy wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:51 pm I don't think I've ever heard pure bile in someone's vocals until "I'll Never Forget You." Good lord. And, oh, how I identified with "Chartered Trips."

ZA
BEYOND

THE THRESHOLD

That whole album could only have been performed by some people who have gone through some shit.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)