BoS

Crap (No votes)
Not crap
Total votes: 16 (100%)
Total votes: 16

Re: Band of Susans

I read that every single member of this band is a satanist and that they only allow other satanists to load in their gear and where possible they only eat at restaurants owned by satanists. Pretty wild!

Great band. Satanism doesn’t totally bother me but.

Haydon wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:31 pm I read that every single member of this band is a satanist and that they only allow other satanists to load in their gear and where possible they only eat at restaurants owned by satanists. Pretty wild!
Seriously?

Pics/link or it didn't happen.

Haydon wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:31 pm I read that every single member of this band is a satanist and that they only allow other satanists to load in their gear and where possible they only eat at restaurants owned by satanists. Pretty wild!

Great band. Satanism doesn’t totally bother me but.
Yeah, that’s why Page Hamilton quit after Love Agenda. Susan wanted him to make a dark pact with Baphomet and he was more interested in G&L guitars.

Not crap
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

Terrific guitar sound. Duh. Solid band that I always enjoyed seeing live. There was something a little bit friendly but clinical about them compared to their wilder, more grand Guignol NYC noise-guitar peers. (I hear BoS as having been way, way more Chatham-influenced than Branca-influenced.) But that's not necessarily an awful thing, either. Some people might even consider it a selling point. An easy not crap, a few waffles.

OrthodoxEaster wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:39 am Terrific guitar sound. Duh. Solid band that I always enjoyed seeing live. There was something a little bit friendly but clinical about them compared to their wilder, more grand Guignol NYC noise-guitar peers. (I hear BoS as having been way, way more Chatham-influenced than Branca-influenced.) But that's not necessarily an awful thing, either. Some people might even consider it a selling point. An easy not crap, a few waffles.
It's almost like if you took the massive guitar sound of Fred Sonic Smith/Bob Mould and slathered it over Til Tuesday chilly new wave songs. They made it work.