Band: Nomeansno

Not Crap
Total votes: 23 (96%)
Crap
Total votes: 1 (4%)
Total votes: 24

Re: Band: Nomeansno

They’re pretty much my Led Zeppelin. While I never entirely warmed up to the Holliston era, I still appreciate it. Andy Kerr is such a big part of NMN for me. I absolutely adore the Wright brothers. Incredible live band.

My go-to albums are usually Sex Mad/You Kill Me, The Day Everything Became…/Small Parts… , 0+2=1, and Why Do They Call Me Mr Happy. I’ve heard Wrong so many times that it’s in my dna. I doubt I need to listen to it ever again. I can pretty much play it in my head from front to back.

Easy N.C. for very powerful playing and an idiosyncratic band personality BUT:

1. Kerr material > the rest,

2. I must confess the Bad Religion style sea-shanty-ism element has stopped me from ever loving them.

Still, as I say, easy N.C.

I actually started listening to them because I was listening to a Butthole Surfers song on Youtube and the suggestion box on the right had a song from Wrong (can't remember which one). I checked it out b/c I had heard of them. Loved it and got the album soon after. Great drumming on it. N/C
"Whatever happened to that album?"
"I broke it, remember? I threw it against the wall and it like, shattered."

They're not actually a band I connect with on a deep level, but you can't argue with their inventiveness and musical dexterity. They almost feel like the hardcore punk precursor to Ween or something. I know a lot of it has a more serious message, but sometimes the musical zaniness takes on that kind of tone to me.