Jimi Hendrix Experience vs the Who

The Who
Total votes: 7 (29%)
The Jimi Hendrix Experience
Total votes: 17 (71%)
Total votes: 24

Re: Thunderdome: Jimi Hendrix Experience vs the Who

I don't know how to vote here due to the very different paths their careers took, and the fact that both bands were such a force live. Their studio albums do not serve them proper justice.

Hendrix dead in 1970, seven years before I was born. Can only see videos of what he was like live.

I saw 3/4 of The Who plus Zak Starkey play live in the 1990s, and they were pretty good, but I'm sure nowhere near as good as they were in the late '60s / early '70s.

The Who's studio albums mean more to me, so I suppose that's who I should vote for. But Hendrix dying at 27 has to be the biggest loss in the history of rock & roll.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

Re: Thunderdome: Jimi Hendrix Experience vs the Who

Hendrix. The Who were a GREAT singles band between 65-70 but couldn't get it together album wise IMO. Sell out is the best IMO but even that one is a bit flakey and I don't like the 70s proto-AOR/FM rock era of the band at all. Meanwhile, the 3 Hendrix Experience albums are stellar IMO so he wins for me. Also, I love his vocals and guitar-playing whereas Daltrey was kind of lame. Mitch Mitchell at his best was better than Moon IMO and Hendrix was just as good a songwriter as Townshend though that side of him has been overshadowed by the guitar... Band of Gypsys and rhe Cry of love/Rainbow bridge stuff was spotty but still more enjoyable than Tommy or Who's Next to me...Hendrix wins