Gaga

Not crap
Total votes: 5 (31%)
Crap
Total votes: 11 (69%)
Total votes: 16

Lady Gaga

This is maybe going to be a minority position here (which is fine), but IMO Lady Gaga is one of our top musical talents. Up there with Beyonce and St. Vincent for me. She started out with dance pop, which she still does at times, but she also did jazzy stuff with Tony Bennett, rock influenced stuff on the album Joanne, and folkie/country/ballads on A Star is Born. It's all her, and it's all good stuff. She used to be thought of as a sort of freak or poor man's Madonna but she is anything but.

She hasn't done a bad album. Plus she does the Born this Way foundation for LGBT youth. C or NC?

Re: Lady Gaga

Lady CrapCrap is what I would call her years ago but being a dick into your 50's isn't cute. Not into her music, though I can be charmed by the 80's sax solo in "Edge of Glory," and I once scored highly on Just Dance to "Poker Face," or was it "Telephone"? What a fun game! Is that still a thing?

I genuinely wish her music was more interesting. Same with Beyonce and most pop stars in this era (don't come for Janet, Nippy, Madge, Mimi, or Gwen tho). I've never seen her in a movie so I can't speak towards her acting. It's cool that she's an ally and uses her platform for good, I'm just not into the music is all.

No vote
Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell

rsmurphy wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:55 am It’s cool that she's an ally and uses her platform for good, I'm just not into the music is all.
Pretty much sums it up for me.

I’ll add: she’s one hell of a performer.

Teetering between NC and not voting.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

rsmurphy wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:55 am Lady CrapCrap is what I would call her years ago but being a dick into your 50's isn't cute. Not into her music, though I can be charmed by the 80's sax solo in "Edge of Glory," and I once scored highly on Just Dance to "Poker Face," or was it "Telephone"? What a fun game! Is that still a thing?

I genuinely wish her music was more interesting. Same with Beyonce and most pop stars in this era (don't come for Janet, Nippy, Madge, Mimi, or Gwen tho). I've never seen her in a movie so I can't speak towards her acting. It's cool that she's an ally and uses her platform for good, I'm just not into the music is all.

No vote
I thought about making this a thunderdome between Madonna and Lady Gaga. Madonna's hits are so undeniable. What are your thoughts on Britney? She had some good stuff too.

This thread was inspired by the Rolling Stone Top 500 Albums of All Time book, where Janet Jackson and Madonna both outnumber Gaga w/r/t the number of albums they have on the list. Difference is Madonna just seems like a singer to me; Lady Gaga is the creative mastermind of her whole thing.
Last edited by InMySoul77 on Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

zorg wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:48 amshe stole her "weird" crap from Roisin Murphy.
Derrick Carter turned me on to Roisin Murphy

InMySoul77 wrote:What are your thoughts on Britney?
She was really funny on Will & Grace

I’m into leather play, butch black girls, skunkin, pulling the blinds and poodleballing. Whatever you got, I’ll eat it, snort it or ride it baby.

same.

Lady Gaga has stronger vocals than Madonna, that's about it.
Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell