Predator (1987)
Total votes: 5 (22%)
Die Hard (1988)
Total votes: 10 (43%)
The Hunt for the Red October (1990)
Total votes: 8 (35%)
Total votes: 23

McTiernan-o-dome: Predator vs The Hunt for the Red October vs Die Hard

How about this for 2nd, 3rd and 4th feature film in your career? What a run, but which one is the best?

Having recently re-watched all of them and it's a bit of a surprise - Predator is exactly as great and as much testorone ridden fun and horror I've remembered it to be, Die Hard, for as awesome as it ism it's not without its faults, and Hunt for the Red October is HOLY SHIT ALMOST PERFECT IN EVERY REGARD GO WATCH IT NOW JESUS CHRIST IS IT GOOD. Underwater scenes, how well screenplay is constructed and thought out (even the language transition is perfect, acting all around with notable mention of Sean Connery being 12 out of 10 soviet nuclear sub captain oh and the sound design will test your stereo. A+++.

So while Die Hard is probably going to win I'd like to inform you that you're probably wrong.

From the best to a bit less best: Hunt, Die Hard, Predator

Re: McTiernan-o-dome: Predator vs The Hunt for the Red October vs Die Hard

I haven't seen them all so I can't vote, but the end to this dude's career makes for bizarre and enthralling reading. Dude had a PI wiretap his producer, then had the FBI come after him and pled guilty, then recanted his plea to try and get out of everything, only to have even more charges and a longer sentence brought against him, then pled guilty to those and went to white-collar prison. Hasn't made anything since.

Red October

My dad was on a ballistic missile sub in the early 1980s. They would leave out of Puget Sound and just go park on the bottom of the ocean somewhere near the arctic circle for a month. So Red October (among other sub movies) was required viewing in my house after it came out on VHS. I've probably seen it 20 times, but not in the past 20 years, so I'm due for a rewatch.

Vibracobra wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:06 am It has to be Predator.

Always.
"Predator...Always" should be the name of the next franchise entry where the Predator writes flowery love letters his girlfriend back on Predator world from his hunting trip.

Great film all around, such a great cast. Never much cared for Die Hard, but it is solid. Need to revisit Hunt but remember it fondly.

I've never seen The Hunt For Red October. I was 12 when the movie came out, and it was marketed as more of a "grown ups" film, I remember my folks went to see it and they said they enjoyed it. Looks like HBO Max and Amazon have it streaming, will try to remember to check it out some night.

Die Hard is one of my favorite movies ever so I voted for it. Predator is solid.
"Whatever happened to that album?"
"I broke it, remember? I threw it against the wall and it like, shattered."