Wine - alcoholic drink made from fermented fruit

Red
Total votes: 23 (82%)
White
Total votes: 5 (18%)
Total votes: 28

Re: Wine

Um, not crap. Something I enjoy every bit as much as music, and almost as much as travel or food.

Color is of no consequence, so I can't really vote in the poll. I like a skin-contact vitovska or malvasia as much as a white Colares as much as an Etna rosso or Loire pineau d'aunis as much as some wild rosé from the western part of the Republic of Georgia.

Bonus points for so-called natural wine (or, at very least, farming-focused stuff sans slick tricks in the cellar) that drinks well and isn't unappealingly flawed or gimmicky.

Waffles for most mass-market industrial swill, both cheap and luxurious.
Last edited by OrthodoxEaster on Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NC

Prefer red. I tend to not be too particular, but I did have a tempranillo recently that was damn good.

Optimally, I'd like to get to a point where I primarily drink wine and not beer. When I drink wine instead of beer, I tend to drink less, it's not as many calories, and it's arguably less unhealthy.

Not there yet.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

Highly meal and weather dependent.

Both.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

Albariño is the grape that changed my mind on whites way back. Before that I never bothered with them.

Currently can't vote, not drinking these days. Sour, yeasty 'natty wines' kinda burned me out anyway, the same way IPA this-and-that ruined beer.
Music

jfv wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:39 pm
Optimally, I'd like to get to a point where I primarily drink wine and not beer. When I drink wine instead of beer, I tend to drink less, it's not as many calories, and it's arguably less unhealthy.
Try Lambrusco Grasparossa from a reputable importer (Cleto Chiarli and Zanasi wineries spring to mind), or Medici Ermete Quercioli Reggiano Dry, which is similar to many Grasparossa. All available in the US but not sure exactly where as it varies state by state.

As it's my job, I'd vote not crap.

I drink more whites than reds, and when red something light-mid weight, though heavier reds have their place with the right meal. I'll go ahead and choose white since skin contact whites often drink more like reds.

I don't care about "natural" wine; organic farming, "selected yeast," and no other additions besides some sulphur at bottling are enough of a standard for me. Ambient yeast and no-till farming are better, but the latter is not gonna be a big trend any time soon.
Records + CDs for sale
Perfume for sale