The Super Bowl is...

CRAP
Total votes: 15 (79%)
NOT CRAP
Total votes: 4 (21%)
Total votes: 19

Re: Sporting Event: The Super Bowl

penningtron wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:48 am "But come to the party, you don't even have to follow football!"
This is no joke. I'm very happy I didn't get invited to any parties this year. Whining, complaining and generally being a curmudgeon at previous parties has apparently paid dividends.

EDIT: expecting a lopsided vote, or maybe even a lack of interest in voting, but how many of us who did or would have voted CRAP are going to watch it anyway?

*raises hand*
Last edited by jfv on Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

Luke warm on this one.

At this point any kind of cultural "moment" that isn't a damned civil war is probably good for watering down the vitriol (but damn did the Right try and make it one). Another bonus is it's kind of another Thanksgiving where people see other friends and family and eat tasty food.

American football is fine. It's weird how popular it is given how bad it is, in terms of flow. It has its moments but every other professional sport seems more elegant in comparison.

Hyper masculinity, conspicuous consumerism, head injuries and people getting filthy rich off a game are all a bit crap to me.

I will watch the game.

I don’t understand American Football organisation. It looks more like a collection of businesses rather than local clubs. I can see with Baseball you often have two locals per major city with derbys etc. NFL doesn’t even have representation from every state.

Plus the game looks like Bloodbowl even though Bloodbowl is based on American Football. Seems like coaches making plays with bodies on a board than dudes playing Sportsball.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.