Better Raincoats LP

Raincoats
Total votes: 5 (50%)
Odyshape
Total votes: 5 (50%)
Total votes: 10

Rain-Dome: Raincoats LP

I'm starting this because I realize many years later that I don't think I ever listened to Odyshape when I was left unmoved by the self-titled.
Listening to it now the first one still sounds pretty roughshod and unremarkable, however Odyshape feels inspired.

Re: Rain-Dome: Raincoats LP

I found Odyshape first - and only knew the band cos they got credit as backup singers on the Zounds LP. Took the gamble and bought it second hand - cover very cool too. On listening I was disappointed - but this was in my narrow minded punk rock phase…sold it soon afterwards . It just seemed a bit too deliberately “arty”

Years later finally got the s/t LP - love it for all its sloppy glory, esp the Lola cover…also nice cover art. Scored the first ep later on for $1 at a yard sale - this is really the penultimate Raincoats release imo - charming and loose and scrappy…have played it many times and it always brings a smile to my face. A perfect example of the 7 inch as the perfect format - v little time to get boring

Re: Rain-Dome: Raincoats LP

Iancee wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:07 am I found Odyshape first - and only knew the band cos they got credit as backup singers on the Zounds LP.
Woah, had no idea they did backup vocals on the Zounds LP. Very cool. Zounds were a great band.

I like the S/T slightly better than Odyshape but both are fantastic. Void sends shivers down my spine every time I listen to it, in a good way.