Towels: Old vs New

New
Total votes: 5 (50%)
Ratty
Total votes: 5 (50%)
Total votes: 10

Re: Towels: Old vs New

We have a couple really old ("aged," LOLZ) towels that are great for a quick rub dry whereas the new towels, in my recent experience, require quite a bit of washing to do this, and, the new towels don't tend to hang dry as quickly.

I suppose the ladies who like to walk around in towels after a bath would prefer the new towels, they would be more comfortable to wear.

I'll take the old ratty towels any day, thank you.
Records + CDs for sale
Perfume for sale

New towels inspired the phrase "as useless as a waterproof towel" in my house.

I like a towel so old and rough that it's basically an exfoliant. I like a towel that hates me. I want it washed in hot water and bleached until it'll stand up like a sandwich board sign if you fold it in half.

Old towels FTW, no waffles.
tbone wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:58 pm I imagine at some point as a practicality we will all start assuming that this is probably the last thing we gotta mail to some asshole.

Freshly laundered and warm out of the dryer is the correct answer, regardless of whether old or new.

Assuming that is true, then it depends on the condition of the old towel. There are fewer variables with a new towel, so I'm going to vote "new".
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

When applying toner or witch hazel I prefer to use an old towel. This might be a waste of product since so much seems to get absorbed, but if I use cotton balls I usually end-up with strands of cotton on my face due to stubble. Maybe I should invest in toner pads.

Bet you thought this thread couldn't get more fascinating what with new Shellac and Jesus Lizard LPs on the horizon and all. You're welcome.
Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell