Best Album

The Land of Rape and Honey
Total votes: 12 (80%)
VIVIsectVI
Total votes: 3 (20%)
Total votes: 15

Industrial-Dome: Land of Rape and Honey vs VIVIsectVI

Both released a month apart in 1988, both scene changing albums that pushed the envelope in terms of aggression and use (abuse) of sound.

But which of these industrial albums earns your favour?

Even though I think Skinny Puppy were smarter, artier, more interesting, etc etc, I just feel Al and Paul made the stronger end product. But I am willing to be convinced otherwise...

Re: Industrial-Dome: Land of Rape and Honey vs VIVIsectVI

I think I'm with you on this one. Love them both, find myself listening to Ministry more.

I've told this story before, probably on the old forum. There was a bar in Santa Barbara that had a jukebox that contained some MTV CD comp that contained "Stigmata" from LR&H. So we put $10 in the jukebox, programmed it to play Stigmata 30 times in a row, and left the bar after the first play; we went down the block to another bar. We returned 30-45 minutes later, hoping to find a more aggressive energy having taken over the bar, but the jukebox had been unplugged. The bartenders had a CD player they could use and they switched to that input.
Records + CDs for sale
Perfume for sale

enframed wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:29 am I think I'm with you on this one. Love them both, find myself listening to Ministry more.

I've told this story before, probably on the old forum. There was a bar in Santa Barbara that had a jukebox that contained some MTV CD comp that contained "Stigmata" from LR&H. So we put $10 in the jukebox, programmed it to play Stigmata 30 times in a row, and left the bar after the first play; we went down the block to another bar. We returned 30-45 minutes later, hoping to find a more aggressive energy having taken over the bar, but the jukebox had been unplugged. The bartenders had a CD player they could use and they switched to that input.
Nowadays they can just turn songs off/put the kibosh to your queue/ban your account with the streaming jukeboxes. I was in a new-to-me bar waiting for some friends to arrive for trivia a couple of years ago, and set up a few songs to play. One of them was Art of Dying by Gojira. Probably a douche move, in retrospect, but someone on staff stopped the song mid-play and vaporized the rest of my songs. I've been back a couple of times and it seems like that was a permanent ban.
"And the light, it burns your skin...in a language you don't understand."

iembalm wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:59 pm
enframed wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:29 am I think I'm with you on this one. Love them both, find myself listening to Ministry more.

Nowadays they can just turn songs off/put the kibosh to your queue/ban your account with the streaming jukeboxes. I was in a new-to-me bar waiting for some friends to arrive for trivia a couple of years ago, and set up a few songs to play. One of them was Art of Dying by Gojira. Probably a douche move, in retrospect, but someone on staff stopped the song mid-play and vaporized the rest of my songs. I've been back a couple of times and it seems like that was a permanent ban.
Not douchey. Adolescent, maybe. After all, it is an option. If they didn't want it couldn't remove it as an option.

Cheers for fucking with jukeboxes, though.
Records + CDs for sale
Perfume for sale

This comes down to "Human Disease (S.K.U.M.M)" vs "The Land of Rape and Honey" and the latter just barely makes it, but on a different night I might feel different. Both albums are extremely important, but I'm giving it to local boys. "Human Disease (S.K.U.M.M.)" is such a killer track, though. But so is "You Know Who You Are."

I've never seen Ministry!

Ministry
Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell

rsmurphy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:20 pm This comes down to "Human Disease (S.K.U.M.M)" vs "The Land of Rape and Honey" and the latter just barely makes it, but on a different night I might feel different. Both albums are extremely important, but I'm giving it to local boys. "Human Disease (S.K.U.M.M.)" is such a killer track, though. But so is "You Know What You Are."

Fixed.

Yeah, great track that one.

Also really like "Flashback." It sounds like dangerous aggression to my ears, which don't pick that up very often.

Beers, Steers, & Queers beats both of those albums tho.
Records + CDs for sale
Perfume for sale

enframed wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:12 pm Also really like "Flashback." It sounds like dangerous aggression to my ears, which don't pick that up very often.
Music is awesome but the lyrics give douchechills:

I'm gonna break his legs off
I'm gonna rip his head off
And then shit down his neck
And then I'll laugh like a motherfucker
And then I'll laugh like a motherfucker
'Cos I hate her
'Cos I hate her
'Cos I hate her
'Cos I hate her

"I Prefer" is the jimmy jam.

Drum programming on "Deity" is sick.

Great record!

Beers, Steers, & Queers beats both of those albums tho.
In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up Live (1990 VHS) beats all of them, but the #1 Ministry jam is a tie between "Psalm 69" and "Corrosion."
Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell