Crap
Total votes: 6 (26%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 17 (74%)
Total votes: 23

Re: Movie: Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Very, very NC

Love the portrayals of Chicago.

Also love the fact that Ferris is universally beloved in the school and he in turn also seems to love everyone. Could have been easy to make the popular kid too cool for the nerds. Ferris was not. Love his character.

John Hughes is NC
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

rsmurphy wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:08 am
jfv wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:00 am Also love the fact that Ferris is universally beloved in the school and he in turn also seems to love everyone.
He had no love for Rooney. /dangerfieldtietug. Masterclass on comic timing and editing in the post-credits sequence.
I suppose that is true.. I guess he's the only villain in the film. Except maybe also the maitre d at the French restaurant.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

Bueller isn't as likeable as he used to be, but still NC. The Rooney break-in scenes are great. Unfortunately, Jeffrey Jones was later outed as a pederast, making those scenes hard to watch. Chicago does look great. I accidentally voted crap. My apologies.
We're headed for social anarchy when people start pissing on bookstores.

FBDO is not crap.

This movie came out about two weeks after I got a driver's license and a car in Los Angeles. I decided to road trip down to Oceanside, about 75 miles from my house, to see it on "San Diego's largest movie screen". Was worth the drive.
Last edited by iembalm on Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And the light, it burns your skin...in a language you don't understand."