Girl on the Third Floor

Not Crap
Total votes: 5 (100%)
Crap (No votes)
Total votes: 5

Soundtrack Album - Girl on the Third Floor

I was late to the party on this. I didn’t know it had happened until recently.

A soundtrack for a horror film by FM Steve (RIP), FM TMidyett and friends.

I really like it. I’m not sure if this needs a polll as crap it ain’t but I’m interested in people’s thoughts. It’s cool to hear Steve doing something outside of Shellac. I think he’s mostly playing a clone of the 16 string Penis Guitar he gave to Lee Ronaldo.

The recording is great as well. I’m not sure if Taylor or Jon SP hang here, but nice work.

Poll added
Last edited by Gramsci on Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

Re: Soundtrack Album - Girl on the Third Floor

Yeah, I like it. Many of the tracks work great as ambient music in the background. A few of them have definite application to a horror flick.

To my ears, "Wednesday" from To All Trains sounds like it was written around the same time they were working on this.

EDIT: NC
Last edited by jfv on Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

Most new horror doesn't make it on to my radar, particularly the stuff that winds up on Tubi*, so this is the first I've heard of this flick. Is it any good? Or, rather, does FM RSMurphy think it's good? I trust his judgment on these matters.

* I'll gladly, unreservedly admit, however, that I found Housebound (2014, NZ) on Tubi and loved it so much I hunted down and bought the DVD. (Horror comedy is more my speed.)
🎸 krakoa.bandcamp.com
📚 barnesandnoble.com/s/Charlie%20Pauken
🥪 sandwichbully.blogspot.com

Housebound is up there with Shaun of the Dead, One Cut of the Dead, Tucker & Dave vs Evil, and Student Bodies as far as horror-comedies go, but back to the subject at hand. I like the album with "Irish" as being especially unusual and engaging, but I wasn't a fan of the movie. I'm finicky.

NC if there was a poll.
Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell

rsmurphy wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:24 am Housebound is up there with Shaun of the Dead, One Cut of the Dead, Tucker & Dave vs Evil, and Student Bodies as far as horror-comedies go, but back to the subject at hand. I like the album with "Irish" as being especially unusual and engaging, but I wasn't a fan of the movie. I'm finicky.

NC if there was a poll.
Poll added.

It’s Crap/Not Crap after all…
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.